Monday, 28 September 2015

Essence Sheer & Shine Lipstick Review

Hello!



Essence, while still a relatively new brand to me, has been standing out as one of my favourites recently. There's something about spending so little that makes me happy inside.

Essence are constantly coming out with new lines and it's impossible not to try out a few things here and there.

This month, they brought out a line of lipsticks. They supposed to be sheer and moisturising. There are 13 in total and they cost €2.49 each.

I picked up the shades Frosted and BFF. 



Frosted is a very pale pink. It is extremely shimmery. This wouldn't usually be my cup of tea but something about it really appealed to me when I was buying them.

I do like it but I don't think it's a colour I'd reach for very often. I worried about it washing me out but it is so sheer that that isn't a problem.


BFF is a really pretty coral-watermelon colour. I can't  decide whether it is a watermelon or a coral colour because each time I see it I change my mind.

I wish that this shade had come out in the summer because it is a perfect summer shade for people who are a little less daring when it comes to lip colours.



These aren't very long lasting but they are moisturising. If you top it up every few hours you should be good to go.



One note about Frosted is to  make sure you fill you whole lip area especially the edge of them because if you don't it looks really weird.

I'd recommend these as a day-to-day line. These are all wearable shades and I love them.

Let me know if you liked this post and if you've tried these.

Thanks for reading!
Clare xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment