Saturday, 10 October 2015

Makeup Routine For Blue Eyes - Pale and Interesting

Hello!

Today I will be showing you my makeup routine for blue eyes.
If you didn't know, I have blue eyes and I'm sure many of you do too. 






I love the way my eyes stand out when I wear this look and now you can try it out yourself.



I prep my face with the Benefit POREfessional primer. This has a silicone-ish texture. 
I use my fingers to apply this and you only need a small amount. I focus it on the center of my face and use less as I move out over my face.



For foundation I've been using the L'Oreal True Match foundation in the shade R1C1. I apply it with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.
I'll admit, I don't love the foundation but it matches my skin and it's hard to find foundations light enough.

My choice of  concealer today was the NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer (bit of a mouthful,eh?). this is the thickest concealer I own and it was completely necessary as I woke up with horrible under eye circles this morning. It is a salmon toned concealer that manages to hide the most repulsive of imperfections.



I used the Real Techniques MultiTask Brush when applying powder. the powder I used was the Essence powder which has been mentioned on this blog before. 
I dusted this under my eyes and on the general t-zone area.



Today I used the Natural Collection blush in the shade Peach Melba.
This is a new favourite of mine. I had totally forgotten about these products until last week when I rediscovered them. They are hella cheap and very natural shades.


I used the NYX Powder Blush in the shade Taupe to contour. 
I love to use this because it quite subtle and easy to control. 
I used the Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply this.



I started my eye look by using the MAC Pro Longwear Paintpot in the shade Painterly. 
You can read my in depth review of this amazing product here.


I first use the MAC eyeshadow in the shade Kid through my crease. I apply this with the Essence Eye Blender brush. This is new to me but so far I really like it.
On top of that I put the MAC eyeshadow in the shade Cranberry. Cranberry is my new favourite eyeshadow. It makes my eyes pop ( I feel so weird saying that) and makes them look so pretty. 



My brows have been loving the Makeup Revolution Ultra Brow Arch and Shape. This is a great little product. It's double ended with wax on one end and a felt tip pen on the other.
I combine these two when doing my daily brow routine.


I've been using my Paaul's Boutique eyelash curler everyday. 
My current favourite mascara is the Benefit Roller Lash. 
You can read my review of that here.

Today i tested out a new lipstick. It was the MUA Matte Lipstick in the shade Fawn Fancy.
I like this lipstick. It's quite drying and a top up during the day does not apply too well but it's a pretty shade and is very cheap.




Thanks for reading!
Oh, and btw if you noticed what looks to be rubbishly applied mascara applied mascara under my right eye it's just freckles ;)
Clare xxx








4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I too don't really like L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation as the lightest R1 C1 is a little too dark for my ghost like appearance. Looking forward to see future posts!

    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Have you tried the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in the shade Porcelain? When R1C1 doesn't fit, Porcelain seems to.
      Clare xxx

      Delete
    2. I haven't seen Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Porcelain. Where did you get it?

      Delete
    3. I got it in Boots in Dundrum. It's a new shade.
      Clare xx

      Delete