Sunday, 29 November 2015

November Favourites | Beauty, Fashion, Books and more! | Pale and Interesting




Hello!

It is almost the Christmas Month and I am feeling extremely festive (Cue reindeer jumpers, hot chocolates and reading by the fire).
Today I will be sharing with you my favourite things from the month of November. As usual, let's start with Beauty!

I have been loving the W7 In The Buff palette. This palette is a very practical one that is perfect for everyday use. In a hurry, this would be the palette I would pick up to put on in the car. It has six shades that are an essential for everyone. The lighter shades aren't as pigmented as one might hope - but then again they never are - in fact, these eyeshadows are a lot more pigmented than most eyeshadows at this price point.


In particular I have been adoring the dark brown shade called Katie. I find that I can put that through my crease, blend it out and hey-presto! These eyeshadows are highly pigmented and are beautifully refined. They are all matte shades.


My next favourite is a lipstick by MAC in the shade Russian Red. If you haven't heard of this you probably haven't heard of the microwave either. This was a purchase I would have to make sooner or later. In my opinion MAC lipsticks are flawless. I simply cannot fault them.


Russian Red is a gorgeous deep red shade. The formula is matte and is very long wearing. Unlike many matte lipsticks I have tried in the past, this lipstick is not even slightly drying. I would expect no less from a lipstick with a €20 price tag like this one. This is a festive shade that would suit so many skin tones.

My final beauty favourite is the Intensely Lavish lip liners from Kiko. They apply extremely smoothly but, once they set, are very long lasting. If you read my last post you would know that I got two shades - 03, a gorgeous red shade and 04, a beautiful mauve shade.




I think I've rambled enough about Beauty so with that let's move onto Fashion!

I am more comfortable in a wooly jumper than anywhere else. If I could I would share with you all 500 of my jumpers but it would be summer by then. Instead I'll settle for this caramel-nude oversized jumper from New Look that has stolen my heart. I think this is the most beautiful thing that my little eyes have ever witnessed.

Jumpers + oversized = Perfection.

I had to buy a size Medium because they were out of size Smalls (but boy am I glad I got that Medium?!). This is so cosy and so cute.

My other Winter obsession is blanket scarves! One day, I'll move to the North Pole and spend the rest of my days in jumpers and blanket scarves.

When I was in Spain I got this beautiful forest green blanket scarf from Stradivarius. Since then I have been living in it. I cannot speak highly enough of blanket scarves.

Now to Books!

I love snuggling up in a blanket with a hot chocolate and having a nice long read.
At the moment I'm reading The Return of Fursey by Mervyn Wall. This is the second book in the series by Mervyn Wall. It is a story about a simple minded monk in Early Christian Ireland and his encounters with the Devil. It's a hilarious read that I would recommend to anyone wishing to broaden their reading horizons.

I'm planning on doing a full review of this book as it has been my favourite for many years now.
And finally let's talk about my Miscellaneous favourites.

Christmas is just around the corner which also means that the Christmas tests are just around the corner. I've decided to pull up my socks and I have tried to organise my life. Helping me with this tall order is the app Any.to. I have never spoken about anything remotely technical on this blog before but this has helped me so much with organisation of study.
This app looks classy and crisp. It is saving me from myself.

I've got a study post ready to go up. Be excited.

That's all for today! 
Have a great day,
Clare xxx


Find me on social media:
Twitter: paleninterestin
Bloglovin': paleninterestin
Snapchat: paleninterestin


2 comments: