Tuesday, 24 May 2016

L'Oreal True Match Foundation Review

Hello!

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you'll know that I face a constant struggle to find a foundation that matches my skintone. When I find a foundation that accurately matches me, I hold on to it, no matter what the quality is like. Recently, I've started to demand more from my foundation and I will no longer settle for mediocre when it comes to my base makeup.

This thought makes me immediately look to the high end foundations on the market but at the moment, I'm cutting down on my expenditure (so I can pop the big bucks in America - one of my brother's favourite sayings). This leaves me with only one option - drugstore foundation.

Drugstore foundations haven't served me very well in the past (mainly because they make me look like an oompa loompa that wandered off set) but desperate times call for desperate measures. I had run out of all foundations that match my skin so I needed something and I needed it fast.

I decided to go back to the L'Oreal True Match foundation as I know it matches my skin tone pretty well. In the past, I hated the formulation of this foundation but I recently heard that they had reformulated it and now everyone's head over heels in love with it.



L'Oreal True Match has a huge range of shades (21 in total) so there's bound to be one for you, unless you're paler than milk like me. 

Firstly, I love the new packaging - it's much sleeker and much more convenient as it is a lot easier to store. Before, the awkward shape made it bulky to fit into any storage container as it was a very irregular shape. Now it is more rectangular (or should I say, cuboid) and fits in perfectly to my foundation drawer.

The shade I wear is 1R-1C. It used to be R1-C1 which I much preferred, but that's irrelevant. 1R-1C is the lightest shade in the range but is slightly too dark for my skin tone. The slight difference between my skin tone and the foundation tone irks me, but then again, beggars can't be choosers.

This foundation applies easily and I use a Real Techniques Expert Face Sponge. Upon application it sits very well on the skin. It makes your skin look flawless but still look like skin! The consistency is very watery - probably the most watery I own. 

It gives a medium coverage and looks gorgeous on the skin. It gives a very naturally flawless effect which I adore!

I was disappointed at how long the foundation lasted on my skin. It wore away throughout the day and was looking a bit grubby by evening time. I can't entirely blame the foundation though, as on the day that I was testing this foundation out, I was also testing a new powder (a bit of a slip on my part, I know).

I've heard a broad spectrum of reviews - some love it, others detest it. I, personally really like it which is just as well because I'm stuck with it until I go to America and buy one there ( I have a very long list of things to get).

Thanks for reading!
Clare

5 comments:

  1. I tried the L'Oreal True Match Foundation too, I found it would apply nicely but after an hour or two it would get darker on my skin. I have been loving Rimmel London Matching Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain and it is around €10. If you don't want to spend money on that add some moisturiser into your foundation to lighten it.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your blog so much, so I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for all the details (its my newest post)

    chloexo2015.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this and I found it way to dark for my skin, which is a shame but then again I am quite pale! Fab post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this foundation, I was going to buy it ages ago but superdrug didn't have my shade - I should probably purchase it haha! x

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this foundation as, like you, its the only one that matches my ghostly pale skin. Great post x
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete