Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Cranberry Sparkly Dramatic Eye Look | Makeup Look No. 1


Hello!

Welcome to my first post of 2017!
I, like so many others, am so excited to see what's ahead in 2017 and I hope I'll be able to grow this blog as it approaches its 3rd birthday! Mad, I know.

Today I want to share a makeup look with you. I don't think I've done a makeup look here in about a year. This year I would really like to incorporate more makeup into Pale and Interesting as I've become a lot more passionate about it recently. Hopefully this year I'll be able to share more looks with you.

Today I will be doing a makeup look suitable for going out (to partayyyyy, not to wear to Mass).
I hope you like it!



I start by priming my eyelids with concealer. I use the Seventeen Stay Time concealer and blend it in with my fingers.

Then, using an Essence Eye Blender brush I applied MAC's Soft Brown eyeshadow to my crease and above it. The most important part is to blend, blend, blend. I like to spend 5 minutes blending my eyeshadow. I've been known to check my Twitter as I blend my eyeshadow.

With the Inglot 10S brush, I put Inglot's 301 eyeshadow (a matte cranberry shade) in the outer V of my eyelid. I also put it through my crease and a small bit beside my inner corner. This means that there is a small semi-circle in the centre of my lid that is surrounded by 301.

I then use 10S brush to apply 299 (a burnt orange shade) to the outer 1/3 of my lid to deepen the cranberry.

With a Sephora PRO Tapered Crease Brush I blend out the shades I just applied. Again, I take my time blending it so I am sure there are no visible lines.

I blend 301 and 299 under my eye to prevent my eye from looking too strange and top-heavy.

At this stage you SHOULD look like you've been punched in the eye.

I put a drop of Duraline on the back of my hand an dipped my small definer eyeshadow brush into Inglot's Body Sparkle in the shade 47. I small, dense brush is needed for this as it packs on the glitter. 47 is a two-toned shade. It varies between pink and bronze depending on the light and angle.

Putting another drop of Duraline on the back of my hand, I coat my IT Cosmetics Angled Liner Brush with my Inglot 77 gel liner.

I line my waterline with black gel liner.

On my lid, I make one line upwards from the corner of my eye at the angle that line up with the tip of my nose and end of my brow. I then make a line from my inner corner that thickens as it goes towards my outer eye. I then join these two lines together and so make a triangular shape.

Finally, I apply a coat or two of my MAC Instacurl Mascara.



And that's it for my cranberry-pink eye look. Let me know if you liked this look and would like me to do similar posts in the future.

Thanks for reading,
Clare

10 comments:

  1. Love this so much. You've mad skills. Also v lit 🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look, it looks incredible on you!! Am going to try it out with some of my own shadows!
    Kate Xx
    http://www.luxekate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank! This made my day. Let me know it worked out for ya! xx

      Delete
  3. Love this eye look! I wish I could apply my eyeshadow like that!

    Hannah | alongsidehannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm not really that good but any skill I do have comes from loads of practice! I've had many failed attempts over the years. xx

      Delete
  4. this looks stunning I'm actually going to try it out !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let us know how it turns out! xx

      Delete
  5. You look absolutely stunning, Clare! I love how bold your eye look is! Perfect for NYE! xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete